Promote gender equity in schools
We provide K-12 educators with curriculum and training to teach about women of diverse backgrounds and promote gender equity in schools. We envision a world where all young people think critically about historical and contemporary gender dynamics in order to create a more equitable future.
Change policy. Change classrooms. Build communities.
Teach About Women is a teacher-founded and teacher-driven educational consulting company. We believe education is the key to building an equitable future. We provide teachers with high quality resources and coaching to use those resources in their classrooms. We propose a three-pronged solution that harnesses the passion of educators, supporters, and students to make change as quickly and effectively as possible: Change policy, change classrooms, and build communities.
We petition decision-makers in schools, districts and states to rewrite educational policies and learning standards to include rich and intersectional material on women and gender.
We design resources for teachers and educate them how to use them effectively in their classrooms. We make our resources and training available in person through workshops and coaching and online through online databases, classes, blogs, and podcasts.
We connect teachers, students, and supporters to make classrooms equitable and empowering places for all students regardless of gender.
We work for a world where
- Every student gains a more complete understanding of the world, including women and men, explores the complex history of gender roles, and sees themselves as participating in the ongoing development of human identities.
- Every teacher has access to robust, high-quality resources that address women, gender, and the intersectional experiences of a broad range of humanity.
- Every school supports intersectional feminist initiatives that dismantle rather than perpetuate oppressive power structures.
- Everyone, regardless of gender, has supportive communities that extend beyond classrooms to support them in pursuing success, leadership, and happiness.
- 5,000 teachers will have benefited from our coaching and workshops.
- 10,000 students will be at schools or in districts that have adopted gender-inclusive learning standards.
- 50,000 teachers and students will be taking our online courses.
- 80,000 teachers will be using our resources in their classrooms.
- 4,000,000 students will be learning from our resources.