Skip to content
To change the stories we tell about women, gender, and power in classrooms and beyond
We bring gender-inclusive materials and practices into classrooms through our work to
- Change Policy: Rewrite educational policy and learning standards to include rich and intersectional material on women and gender.
- Change Classrooms: Build an online database of resources and offer workshops to give educators the tools and skills they need to teach about women and the complex, intersectional history of gender roles.
- Build Communities: Cultivate supportive networks through strategic partnerships, social media, and events that connect young women and girls with thoughtful adults of all genders who can help them thrive and succeed beyond school in their personal and professional lives.
We work for a world where
- Every student gains a more complete understanding of the world, including women and men, explores the complex history of gender roles, and sees themselves as participating in the ongoing development of human identities.
- Every teacher has access to robust, high-quality resources that address women, gender, and the intersectional experiences of a broad range of humanity.
- Every school supports intersectional feminist initiatives that dismantle rather than perpetuate oppressive power structures.
- Everyone, regardless of gender, has supportive communities that extend beyond classrooms to support them in pursuing success, leadership, and happiness.
On January 19, march for K-12 schools to #TeachAboutWomen! Dismiss