We are looking for passionate, intelligent, funny, and ambitious educators to be part of three teams.
Click the link above or send a resumé and a cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to specify which team you would like to join.
Who are we?
Teach About Women Inc. is a nonprofit start-up with big ambitions: to change the way we teach about gender and power in schools.
What is our mission?
Teach About Women’s mission is to provide K-12 educators with curriculum and training to teach about women of diverse backgrounds and promote gender equity in schools. We envision a world where all young people think critically about historical and contemporary gender dynamics in order to create a more equitable future.
Why is diversity at the center of our mission?
We can’t break the pattern of patriarchal white supremacy without taking an intersectional approach. We welcome and embrace a diversity of individuals so that we can put a diversity of voices at the center of our work. We especially welcome gender-nonconforming, black, Latinx, and Native American educators–and any members of any other group that have been pushed to the margins of education.
What do we offer?
- We offer school paid consulting/coaching opportunities.
- You will be a part of a group of interesting and interested people who want to support you in growing as a teacher, a writer, a professional, or as whatever you want (an artist? an octopus?).
How does this work?
- Team: Each team will consist of 6 (or so). We strive for a balance of participants from charter, independent, and public school teachers and that university-level.
- Meetings: Teams will meet twice a month in the afternoons/evenings (after school).
- Location: The Hewitt School in Manhattan (75th and Madison) has offered to host us.
- Compensation: Participants will be part of a team actively seeking paid consulting/coaching opportunities at K-12 schools.