Our internship program will equip you with the skills and confidence to thrive in the political, academic, and professional arenas.
Summer and Year-Long Internships: We seek driven, inspired young people to help us make the world a better place for people of all genders. Email email@example.com with your resumé and a brief cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to join our team.
We are looking for interns in the following areas (Scroll down for more details):
- Social Media
- New York State Outreach
- National Outreach
- Video Editing
Time Commitment: Our campaign is growing quickly so we are flexible in terms of time commitment. Summer:
- 5-8 hours/week
- June 11-July 10 with possibility to continue into August
- Academic Year
- 2-4 hours/week
- Option to work remotely or attend bi-weekly meetings
Social Media Intern
- Goal: Our Twitter account raises awareness about the problem in order to drive signatures to our petition and donations to our campaign.
- Task: Compile a list of statistics, short facts and anecdotes to share on our Twitter account in order to raise awareness about the lack of women and gender-inclusion in classrooms.
- Goal: The @TeachAboutWomen Instagram presents solutions by creating a visually engaging and witty source of gender-inclusive and women-centric resources for educators and supporters.
- Task: Make a database of images of women-centric classroom resources, art, books, posters, museum exhibits, etc.
New York State Outreach Intern
Goal: Reach out to students, teachers, educational administrators, ad media outlets in New York State to drive signatures to our petition and donations to our campaign.
Task: Scan school websites, social media, and educator news outlets to find potential supporters and send them targeted emails.
National Outreach Intern
- Goal: Take the Teach About Women campaign beyond New York State
- Research state learning standards in other states and compile data regarding the inclusion of women, gender, intersectionality, and feminism.
- Put together presentations of the data to encourage teachers and supporters to start their own movements for change (through petitions and state-wide outreach)
- Goal: Create a logo and “look” for Teach About Women merchandise.
- Design a digital logo that captures the campaign’s message and spirit.
- Create a version of the logo that includes “a campaign to change the stories we tell about women, gender, and power in classrooms and beyond.”
- Create a mock-up of a t-shirt, mug, bookmark, magnet, and sticker.
Video Editing Intern
- Goal: Make our mission more accessible to engage a wider audience in our petition and our fund-raising campaign.
- Create a short, engaging video that encapsulates Teach About Women’s mission and strategy for our Change.org and Go Fund Me pages.
- NB: Once the first video is done, there is the possibility for ongoing work with the campaign including interviews, update videos, and coverage of events and workshops.
- Goal: Use our Guiding Principles to build a database of sources and information on the history of women, gender, and power.
- Conduct academic research on specific time periods, developments, people, and phenomena.
- Keep track of sources and keep an eye out for lacunae and gender bias in primary and secondary resources.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé and a brief cover letter telling us about yourself and why you want to support Teach About Women’s mission of gender equality.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- We welcome interns of all genders!