We are a start-up nonprofit with big ambitions: to provide K-12 educators with curriculum and training to teach about women of diverse backgrounds and to promote gender equity.
We envision a world where all young people think critically about historical and contemporary gender dynamics in order to create a more equitable future.
Teach About Women Inc is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is 100% tax-deductible. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. Our EIN is 83-06855327.
We need donors like you: dynamic, emerging leaders experienced enough to know that gender inequity is still a problem and ambitious enough to believe education is the solution. We have covered start-up costs, built our board, and gathered teams of expert educators. Now we are looking to raise $100,000 by June 2010 so we can get our programs into classrooms.
Our Impact: By 2024,
- 5,000 teachers will have benefit from our coaching and workshops.
- 10,000 students will be at schools or in districts that have adopted gender-inclusive learning standards.
- 50,000 teachers and students will be taking our online courses.
- 80,000 teachers will be using our resources in their classrooms.
- 4,000,000 students will be learning from our resources.