We are a start-up nonprofit with big ambitions: to provide K-12 educators with curriculum and training to teach about women of diverse backgrounds and to promote gender equity.
We envision a world where all young people think critically about historical and contemporary gender dynamics in order to create a more equitable future.
Teach About Women Inc is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and your donation is 100% tax-deductible. To claim a donation as a deduction on your U.S. taxes, please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. Our EIN is 83-06855327.
We need donors like you: dynamic, emerging leaders experienced enough to know that gender inequity is still a problem and ambitious enough to believe education is the solution.
We petition decision-makers in schools, districts and states to rewrite educational policies and learning standards to include rich and intersectional material on women and gender.
We design resources for teachers and educate them how to use them effectively in their classrooms. We make our resources and training available in person through workshops and coaching and online through databases, classes, blogs, and podcasts.
We connect teachers, students, and supporters to make classrooms equitable and empowering places for all students regardless of gender.
Our Impact: By 2024,
- 5,000 teachers will have benefit from our coaching and workshops.
- 10,000 students will be at schools or in districts that have adopted gender-inclusive learning standards.
- 50,000 teachers and students will be taking our online courses.
- 80,000 teachers will be using our resources in their classrooms.
- 4,000,000 students will be learning from our resources.